Secure payment process on the Kindrling platform
Stripe as the payment provider (recommended)
As a provider all you need to do is adding your bank account details to receive money from buyers.
This is free, happens within the marketplace, takes only a few seconds and enables payments for their listings immediately.
How to add your bank account details
To add your bank details, you should:
- log in your account in your marketplace
- from the top bar, go to user settings
- go to the Payments tab
- select Bank account
- fill the form to add your bank details: legal name, country, address and bank account number (the format varies based on their country)
- save bank details
That's it! A success message is now visible and you can now sell your services and receive money when a transaction happens.
Is there any risk to add bank details?
No. Kindrling doesn't store this data (it is hosted at Stripe) and providers will not be charged anything.
PayPal as the payment provider
What credit cards are supported?
The most common credit cards are accepted. To check what cards are allowed in your country:
- Open this page.
- Select your country from the dropdown menu.
- Click anywhere on the page to make it refresh automatically.
- The supported cards are listed on the page.
Do buyers need a PayPal account?
If a buyer is paying with their credit card, PayPal may advise them to create an account. In some countries or in some situations, this is mandatory. In some other situations, buyers will have a possibility to decline the PayPal account creation. You can contact PayPal support to learn more about the way this works in your country.
Do sellers need a PayPal account?
A PayPal account is required if a seller wants to receive money from purchases. They (usually) must have a Business PayPal account. In other words, a PayPal account is required for sellers.
How does the PayPal transaction flow work on the Kindrling platform?
The following steps occur in a paid transaction processed by PayPal in Kinderling (a Sharetribe marketplace):
- The seller posts a listing and defines a price for the product or service.
- The buyer opens the listing page, selects options (quantity for example) and clicks on the "Request" button.
- On the following page, the buyer reviews the details of the purchase and clicks "Checkout with PayPal". They are taken to PayPal to complete the payment. If they don't complete the payment within 1 hour, the transaction attempt is closed.
- Once the payment is done, the buyer is taken to a page that displays the transaction details. They are told that the seller needs to accept the transaction before the money is transferred.
- The seller gets an email notification of a new transaction that needs to be accepted. If the transaction is not accepted within 3 days or before the end date (whatever comes first), the transaction is canceled and no money is transferred. Once accepted, the money (minus PayPal's payment processing fee and the 7% Kindrling service fee) is transferred to the seller's PayPal account. Both parties get a receipt of the transaction via email.
- Both users can then discuss freely to agree on details. When the order is completed (users have met, product is delivered...), they can mark the order as completed
- Users can then review each other.
Is Kinderling's payment system PCI-compliant?
- Security is critical for online monetary transactions. The Payment Card Industry (PCI)—the organizations that handle branded credit cards from the major card providers, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JCB—provides a security standard that is often used as a reference.
- Kinderling (hosted by Sharetribe) does not store or process any credit card information. All credit card information is handled by Stripe or PayPal, Sharetribe's payment gateways. Because of this, PCI-compliance is not directly applicable to Sharetribe. Stripe and PayPal are fully PCI-compliant and trusted payment processors.
That being said, Sharetribe takes security issues very seriously and follows best practices to make sure that Kinderling data is safe.
How to issue a refund
- The seller can issue a full refund to the buyer from their PayPal account. This means they need to log in at paypal.com, find the correct transaction and click full or partial refund depending on the case.
- If the marketplace charges a commission fee (as of April 30th Kindrling DOES NOT charge a commission fee), that is transferred from the seller to the admin right after a successful purchase. It means that if the whole transaction needs to be disputed and refunded, the admin also needs to refund the commission part to the seller first (by similar way logging in to paypal.com and issuing the refund for the correct commission payment.)
Is the PayPal payment processing fee refunded?
- PayPal will refund the percentage portion of their fees for both transactions, but not the fixed fees. This means that, for each refund, both the marketplace administrator and the seller will lose the fixed fee (which is $0.3 in the US, £0.2 in the UK, etc - see the fixed fee of your country here).
How it works
- Sign up - for free!
- Set up your profile.
- Click the “Offer a design service” tab on the top menu bar.
- Offer & describe your service offering.
- Link your PayPal account.
- Get notified by mail when you receive a request from children's book authors.
- Chat with customers using our online messaging platform. Discuss their needs and expectations from the service.
- Confirm the booking.
- Get paid.
Do what you love to do!