I can illustrate your picture book!
As a studied and published Illustrator I can help you visualise your ideas into wonderful illustrations.
You finished writing your book and proofreading? Great! Now is the perfect time to compliment your text with pictures.
Let me introduce my working process to you:
First we talk (or write) a lot about the project.
Do you already have something in mind? Perfect! You tell me everything you imagine your pictures to be.
You don't know yet how it should look like? No problem! Let's brainstorm ideas together, I can guide you through.
As soon as the base ideas for the illustrations are collected, I will start sketching:
1. Pencil sketches: A basic set of pencil roughs for page composition, designed to get a feel for what the author and illustrator are thinking. This is a good opportunity for the author to make comments.
2. Refined pencil sketches: A detailed set of pencil sketches including character development. Another opportunity here for the author to make comments.
3. Color Sample: One full-color illustration will be supplied for author approval before proceeding.
4. Final artwork: A set of high-resolution illustrations in digital form.
Project Scope & Copyright
This Package is based around a standard 32-page picture book, which includes illustrations for the cover, end pages, title page, and 15 double-page spreads. You will get the commercial use right to use the illustrations for a printed book and ebook. You can also use the illustrations to advertise the book itself. If you also want to use the illustrations for a different purpose, you can buy the needed rights additionally, this is possible later on as well.
1. 30% Deposit to begin the project.
2. 30% Payment on completion of an approved color sample.
3. 40% Balance on delivery of final artwork
All of these details will be provided in a contract.
Illustrations for a typical children's book take at least three months to complete.
This time frame depends heavily on the communication between author and illustrator. I look forward to working with you to bring your story to life.
I can also help with designing the text of the book.
I am happy to chat more about the process, if anything is unclear feel free to reach out to me anytime if you have further questions.
For more examples visit: