Creating the perfect children's book for kids is a wonderfully enjoyable collaborative process.
You have worked hard to craft the perfect story and finding an illustrator to do justice to your story can be daunting.
I am a published illustrator with many years of experience crafting illustrations for a diverse range of book projects. I am happy to work with authors directly or through arrangements with publishing houses.
1. Pencil Scribbles: A basic set of pencil roughs blocking in the story, designed to get a feel for what the author and illustrator are thinking. This is an opportunity for the author to make comments.
2. Refined Pencil Roughs: A detailed set of pencil roughs including character development. Another opportunity here for the author to make comments.
3. Colour Sample: One full-color illustration will be supplied for author approval before proceeding.
4. Final artwork: A set of high-resolution digital illustrations
This Package is based around a standard 32-page picture book, which includes illustrations for the cover, end pages, title page, and 15 double-page spreads.
1. 30% Deposit to begin the project.
2. 30% Payment on completion of an approved color sample.
3. 40% Balance on delivery Final Artwork
All of these details will be provided in a contract.
This package assigns the rights of the illustrations to the author. Alternatively, we can discuss other payment options, including royalties where the copyright remains with the illustrator.
Illustrations for a typical children's book take at least three months to complete.
When the author and illustrator work in harmony together a great picture book emerges. I look forward to working with you to bring your story to life and providing a home where my illustrations can breathe.
I am happy to chat more about the process if anything is unclear and the price if you feel other arrangements would suit your situation. I can also help with designing the text of the book and preparing files for printing.
for more examples visit